While you may have a 'no refund' policy, there may be cases in which a refund is necessary. The easiest way to refund your customers in EventSprout is by pulling up their order and following the steps below:
1. Once you're viewing the attendee's tickets/registration, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the Invoice Summary. This will show all payments made by the attendee for their registration.
2. Select the red "Refund" button on the far right hand side.
3. The below form will appear. By default, EventSprout will prompt you to refund the full amount, but you can edit the amount to be a partial refund. In addition, you will need to provide a reason for the refund. This note will appear if you search the refund at a later date. It will also appear to the customer in their refund receipt.
5. The attendee will be emailed a receipt of their refund.
6. The approved refund will now appear in the refund report underneath the "Accounting" section. Hopefully you won't have to use this feature too often, but it's always very helpful to know!
Note: Refunding an order does NOT deactivate it. To archive an order or a ticket after processing a refund, follow these steps.