While you may have a no refund policy, there may be cases in which a refund is necessary. The easiest way to refund someone in EventSprout is by searching their name under "Manage Attendees" and following the steps below:
1. Once you're viewing the attendee's tickets/registration, scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the "Payments" field. This will show all payments made by the attendee for their registration.
2. Select the red "Refund" button on the far right hand side.
3. The below form should drop down. Edit the amount which you'd like to refund and add an internal note to the refund. This note will appear if you search the refund at a later date. It will also appear to the customer in their refund receipt. Also, include a type of refund (partial, complete, or refund & delete).
4. The below text box should appear. If you don't have permission to approve refunds, click "Add to Refund Queue" and your account owner can approve it. If you'd like to go ahead and refund the charge immediately, hit "Approve now".
5. The below green bar should appear at the top of the screen. The attendee will be emailed a receipt of their refund.
6. The approved refund will now appear in the refund report underneath the "Accounting" section. Hopefully you won't have to use this feature too often, but it's always very helpful to know!